Picture Your Future as a Leader in Radiologic Technology
Be the Image of Leadership.
Can you see yourself as a leader in the high-tech world of health care? An online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology from UC Blue Ash College can bring your vision to life. Learn radiologic technology and science from experts and position yourself to become a decision-maker in a growing field.
- 100% online — no campus visits required
- Focused internship — choose management or education
- World-class faculty — learn from experts in the field
- Growing industry — 84,000 new jobs projected (2012-2022)
- Transfer credits accepted
Why Choose UC Blue Ash for Your Online Degree?
We make it possible. You make it happen.
Develop advanced technical competencies in pathophysiology and CT science.
Build leadership abilities through coursework in research, ethics, workplace education and communication strategy.
Shape the future of health care with a dynamic degree delivered by industry specialists.
Legacy and Leadership
UC has gained a notable reputation for its expert faculty, research, quality curriculum, program accreditations and competitive tuition.
- Top 200 National Universities (U.S. News & World Report college rankings, 2015)
- The Princeton Review: The Best 379 Colleges (2015)
- In the top 200 of more than 2,500 universities ranked worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities)
- Top 15 underrated gems (College Match)
- Top 50 research libraries (Association of Research Libraries)
- 11th largest endowment of 569 institutions surveyed (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- PolicyMic, a millennial generation news site, ranked UC as top in the nation for giving students the "Best Bang for Their Buck" (2013)
Everything You Need to Know
The online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology can help you position yourself for success in a variety of work environments. Here are some of the most common career settings for BRST graduates:
According to the American Hospital Association, hospitals employ more than 5.6 million workers nationwide. General hospitals are home to a lengthy list of promising job opportunities for online BRST graduates, including roles such as shift supervisor, chief technologist, clinical supervisor and computed tomography technologist.
Labs, Offices and Specialty Hospitals
An online BRST from UC Blue Ash College can connect you with possibilities that extend far beyond general hospitals. Other potential work environments include physician’s offices, outpatient offices and government facilities such as military and VA hospitals. These settings offer qualified candidates a variety of different roles that often mirror positions you might find in a general hospital, but each within its own specialized environment.
For those who want to help shape the next generation of radiologic scientists and technologists, an online BRST can pave the way to a rewarding position as a classroom instructor, administrator, clinical coordinator, program director or faculty member. You can use your UC Blue Ash College education to teach emerging professionals at both schools and hospitals, sharing your wisdom to help them follow your footsteps toward success.Click here to read more
The Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology features a multidisciplinary curriculum designed to develop your technical skills, theoretical knowledge and leadership abilities. Our program goes beyond the basics, exploring law, economics, research, communication, diversity and ethics to give you a leader’s versatility. The course content is intended to be applied immediately in the workplace to promote on-the-job visibility and help you reach new heights in your career. Our online radiology program includes an internship that gives you the option to focus on either management or education. The internship in radiation science helps to ensure that your education is real-world ready while also providing you with valuable experience and networking opportunities.
- Management Internship — Work on projects in the field with a direct supervisor to hone critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Enhance your team-building and communication abilities to fortify your ability to lead.
- Education Internship — Work with a faculty member to devise and execute a teaching plan. Create student outcomes, teach in classroom and lab settings, formulate student evaluations, and explore the educational institution environment to gain valuable perspective.
- Professional Practice — Work in the clinical setting in a post-primary modality to learn and refine clinical skills and gain experience. Enhance patient care and teamwork skills needed within the clinical environment.
When you choose to pursue a radiologic science degree from UC Blue Ash, you position yourself to learn from bona fide industry leaders. Our faculty includes decision-makers from some of the foremost organizations in radiologic science and technology , including:
- Julie Gill – Former President, Board of Directors for the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- Tracy Herrmann – Chairman, Board of Directors for the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS)
- Barry Southers – President of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Tiffany Roman – Board of Directors for the Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT)
We ask that applicants meet the following qualifications to be considered for admission to the online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology program:
- Earned your associate degree in medical imaging or radiation therapy from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completed your online application
- Submitted your official transcripts
- Earned current professional certification
*GRE/GMAT not required.
Contact Your Advisor
Receive help with your application, the financial aid process and any questions you might have. Your advisor will help you assemble the full application packet. Complete the Learn More form to get started.Click here to read more
Take The Next Step
Now that you've learned a bit more about our program, consider the next steps below: